Practice during Dane County Emergency Order #10 (effective 2020-11-18)
In response to the increased COVID spike, we are modifying Monday practices.
These changes will allow us to keep skating, while decreasing the risks of transmission. Your coaches have developed these changes in consultation with the rink managers, who have been in touch with Dane County DHS, in order to ensure we are in compliance with Emergency Order #10 (effective 2020-11-18).
- Monday club sessions will continue as “open sessions” but with a strict plan (see changes below). However, if any paid club members do not wish to skate, we will credit those sessions to next year, no questions asked.
- Locker rooms will NOT be used, due to the enclosed space. Skaters should arrive as dressed as possible, and skates will be put on at the benches. Kids will put skates on using the benches near the skate storage, and BOTH hockey benches, spread out as much as possible. Adults will use the bottom of the bleachers, spread out as much as possible, and enter through the pad door or penalty box. (There is no rubber mat on the bleachers side, so please have hard plastic skate guards ready.)
- Parents should use the TOP of the bleachers, spread out as much as possible.
- The sessions will have no direct coaching (but your coaches will be present).
The session will be conducted as open speed skate, but will have a strict structure and workout plan that everyone must follow.
- Kids 5:45pm-6:30pm, adults 6:30pm-7:15pm. Skaters will be given a workout plan ahead of time. Kids and adults are each split into 2 groups as usual, and an off-ice coach will announce when it is time to switch groups
- The workout will be shared and sent out each Sunday night so all are prepared for Monday’s “Open Skate”. There will be no relay exchanges, trains, or other touching. High-fives are cancelled, but clapping for your teammates and Vulcan salutes are encouraged
- There is no dry-land at the practice. Kids without adult skaters should leave after getting off the ice. Adults without kid skaters should arrive at 6:15pm. After your ice time, please change at home. Virtual dry-land will continue, and dry-land workouts will be sent out, as well as info on participating in the USS November Challenge.
- As we have since the beginning of the season, masks are required 100% of the time, and stay home if you have any sign of illness. Please check your temperature before coming to the rink, and wash your hands before coming and after getting home.
- Race nights will be regular “open skate” sessions until further notice. We may be able to conduct individual time trials as part of the session.
- The Breakfast Club will stay in session every Tuesday and Thursday, following the same guidelines as above. If you are interested in skating one of those sessions, they start at 5:45am-7:10am @ a cost of $10 per session.Thanks for working with us to get through this, healthy and strong!
We look forward also to an active outdoor season at Vilas and Tenney Parks this year.